Each artifact submitted is thoroughly examined for evidence of age, or signs of modern manufacturing or tampering (rechipping/restoration). We utilize state-of-the-art Stereo-magnification equipment including stereoscopic microscopes and high-definition digital computer magnification equipment. For identifying the presence of modern alterations, ultraviolet light inspection equipment is used.
We will not issue Certificates of Authenticity or rejection letters on any artifact unless we are 100% confident in our findings. On artifacts where no determination can be made, no service fees are charged.
We do not support the use of Raman Laser equipment to determine authenticity. We have simply seen far too many Laser papered reproductions to have any degree of confidence in this technique.
In addition, our Certificates of Authenticity feature many security measures to guard against reproductions.
**We are currently upgrading the COA verification system. You may receive a “not valid” response to a certificate entry during this process. Should you require verification you can email a scan or clear picture of the front and back of the COA to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Look For
Evidence of authenticity or modern manufacture is derived by a study of the artifact’s surface and the analysis of:
Artifacts We Accept for Evaluation
Bennett’s Authentication service is centered around artifacts that originated in the general Midwest & Eastern seaboard areas. Bennett’s does not regularly accept historic era artifacts or items made from pottery or shell.
Evaluation & Certificate Cost
Dealer rate available for large quantities. Call 419-207-8787 for more information.
How to Submit an Item for Authentication
- Print off the Artifact Submission Form
to record the artifacts you’ll be sending, and to let us know where each relic was found. This form also includes which services you would like for each artifact and, will provide the total cost you will need to include with your submission.
Bennett’s Artifact Authentication Request Form 1 -3
Bennett’s Artifact Authentication Request Form 1 – 10
Bennett’s Artifact Authentication Request Form 1 – 20
- Number and wrap each artifact individually
- Label the relic with the number that coincides with the number on the submission form, whether that be a sticker on the relic or written on the bubble wrap.
- Cut a piece of bubble wrap a little larger than the size of the artifact and tightly roll.
- Secure the bubble wrap tightly with either a rubber band or tape.
- Place the relics into a sturdy box with ample cushioning (paper or peanuts) to keep the relics from breaking.
- Make sure to include full payment
with your order by either completing the credit card information section on the submission form, or by including a check or money order made payable to Premiere Auctions Group. If any of your items fail to meet our requirements for issuing a certificate of authenticity, you will be refunded a portion of the service fee which will be included with your return package.
- Mail sealed box to the below address
via priority mail, UPS or Fed Ex. Be sure to insure your package or purchase. If you listed an email address on your submission form we will:
- Notify you when your items are received
- Notify you the results of our evaluation
- Notify you with the tracking or insurance information when your items are mailed back
Premiere Auctions Group, LLC – Attn: Jim Bennett
471 US Highway 250E Bldg. D
Ashland, Ohio 44805
All submissions are returned via priority mail with delivery confirmation. Insurance will be added only if you have selected that option on the artifact submission form.